Blog 1 self-introduction 339

My name is Ling Fang. I am a year 4 sociology student in University of Victoria. I have always believed that it is through education that intimacy and rational communication are always best established in the social process. Education in the field of new technologies can help to understand the functioning of society in the new era.

I come from a middle-class family in southern China and studied in Canada as an international student. I will be staying in Canada for the entire semester to complete my studies. I love to watch eSports games, so please contact me if you have any common interest.

Open learning transcends time and place to better serve all students, yet this flexibility is itself a challenge to learning initiative, essentially pushing students to engage in active socialization. However, there is no denying that the idea of open learning being free of charge has led to more people having the opportunity to learn, and those who are eager to progress can do so at a lower cost, especially for those in the workforce. Personally, I prefer face-to-face learning, as the process of traveling to the classroom itself is a ritual that motivates me to focus, and I can easily find teachers and classmates to ask questions.Digital Literacy is not just about competence, but also about the user’s level of knowledge about the computer equipment, and in general, it symbolizes confidence in the use of the equipment. My confidence in the many tools in my computer has led me to be able to learn in the right direction, including those that I don’t understand. As for my digital identity, I remain invisible on the Internet for a long time, I hardly post any content, more often than not I make appointments to meet offline, in this way I maximize my privacy, on the other hand, it makes it difficult for others to get to know me through the Internet.